At Tools 4 Life we understand that parents have a gut feeling when something isn’t quite right for their child.
It can seem overwhelming trying to find the answers for why your child may be experiencing difficulties, and knowing what you can do to help your child.
At Tools 4 Life we use occupational therapy assessments to identify what specifically is causing children to experience difficulties with participating in their everyday activities (play, socialising, self-care, academic skills).
Once the assessment is completed, we can then collaborate with the family to develop an individualised therapy plan to support their child to overcome these difficulties through:
- Developing the child’s skills using evidenced-based strategies.
- Providing parent training on how to implement evidenced-based strategies at home.
- Adapting the environment to promote the child’s development and independence.
- Trialing and prescribing assistive technology to enhance the child’s development and independence.
What does an Occupational Therapy assessment involve?
At Tools 4 Life we offer a range of standardised assessments including:
- Functional Capacity Assessments
- Developmental Assessments
- Handwriting Assessments
- Sensory Processing Assessments
- Assessment of motor skills
The assessment used for your child will depend on what information is required to support with goal setting, planning therapy sessions, measuring progress and if information is required for funding bodies (e.g., NDIS or private health).
The assessment process typically involves:
- Completing a caregiver questionnaire for us to learn about your child’s strengths and challenges.
- Observation of your child completing a range of tasks.
Our friendly team would be happy to support you to identify what assessment will be the best fit for your child.
How do I book an Occupational Therapy assessment?
You can contact the Tools 4 Life team to schedule an occupational therapy assessment.
Phone: 07 3342 7790 Email: email@example.com
You can also fill out our enquiry box here, and a member of our team will be in touch shortly.