What is Occupational Therapy?
Occupational therapy is a client-centred health profession concerned with promoting health and well being through occupation. The primary goal of occupational therapy is to enable people to participate in the activities of everyday life. Occupational therapists achieve this outcome by working with people and communities to enhance their ability to engage in the occupations they want to, need to, or are expected to do, or by modifying the occupation or the environment to better support their occupational engagement
What do Occupational Therapists do at Tools 4 Life?
At Tools 4 Life we embed therapy goals within fun activities, ensuring therapy sessions are motivating and effective.
An integral part of the therapy process is working together to develop an individualised therapy plan for your child.
The therapy plan will provide information on:
- Your child’s strengths, challenges, likes and dislikes.
- Your child’s therapy goals.
- Strategies and resources to support goal achievement.
- Your child’s progress.
We can support your child in a range of areas:
- Teeth brushing
- Using cutlery
- Organising belongings
- Craft skills
- Attending to instructions and tasks
- Socialising with peers
- Problem-solving social scenarios
- Playing with a range of toys
- Gross motor development for sport
- Learning the rules of social games
Positive behaviour support
- Supporting with positive behaviour support plans
- Emotional regulation skills
- Sensory processing challenges
Transition to adulthood
- Money management
- Managing relationships
- Preparing for the workplace
- Meal preparation
- Personal hygiene
- Using public transport
We also provide advice on:
- Assistive technology
- Adapted cutlery and cooking utensils
- Handwriting and typing resources
- Emotional regulation resources
Where can my child receive therapy?
We provide therapy services in our clinic located in Woolloongabba. We also travel to homes, schools or child care centres within 20km of our clinic.
Our clinic is located on 100 Annerley Rd, with client parking available behind our building accessed via the corner of Annerley and Park Rd.
Feel welcome to contact us for more information.
How do I book Occupational Therapy sessions for my child?
You can contact the Tools 4 Life team to schedule an appointment.
Phone: 0429 165 488 Email: email@example.com
You can also fill out our enquiry box here, and a member of our team will be in touch shortly.